NumberCruncher 2023 and QuickView 2023 are here!
Release Notes and other details for the first release of NumberCruncher and QuickView for 2023.
We're delighted to announce the release of NumberCruncher 2023 and QuickView 2023. We began sending email with summarized announcements on May 8, 2023. The following includes all release notes and other details.
Please circulate to ALL NumberCruncher and QuickView users
May 8, 2023
RE: NumberCruncher 2023 and QuickView 2023 Release
Greetings to NumberCruncher and QuickView Customers, One and All!
Your resume says that you’re quick in math.
So what’s 19 x 67?
That's not even close.
But it was quick.
Well, the release of NumberCruncher 2023 has been anything but “quick”.
But here’s some context for the activity around NumberCruncher during the past two years:
- Over 1,000 changes made (both large and small).
- Program compiled and recompiled over 460 times.
- Over $3M invested in the upcoming cloud version, which has involved re-engineering 100+ modules, many of them in place since NumberCruncher’s first release in 1984.
We are profoundly grateful for your loyalty and your patience in waiting for this release. We hear from countless users who love NumberCruncher, in part, for its accuracy and dependability, which is why it has built a base of some 3,500 firms with some 10,000 users. We believe that this release is one “for the ages”.
Today's announcement is comprised of three primary components:
- Remembering Steve Leimberg (1943 – 2022): A note regarding our dear co-founder, Steve Leimberg, who died on December 1, 2022.
- NumberCruncher 2023 and QuickView 2023 are here: Highlights of our release notes and instructions on how to download your copy are included below.
- Customer Portal: We're delighted to introduce our customer portal, where you can download your software and manage your account.
- DataNet: Now available on the customer portal!
Remembering Steve Leimberg
(1943 – 2022)
It is with profound sadness that we report that co-founder Steve Leimberg died on Thursday, December 1, 2022, at the age of 79. Please see this tribute to Steve, originally published on December 19, 2022, as a Leimberg Information Services Newsletter. It also appears on the Leimberg home page where it has been viewed over 22,000 times. Steve was our very own "Most Interesting Man in the World".
In 1984, Steve (along with Bob LeClair) built the first version of NumberCruncher in VisiCalc, the very first spreadsheet ever invented. They went on to form Leimberg & LeClair, Inc. in 1995 (now Leimberg, LeClair & Lackner, Inc.) and built this into a robust business that currently serves some 3,500 firms with some 10,000 users. May he rest in peace.
NumberCruncher 2023 and QuickView 2023 are here!
It's a big year for NumberCruncher and QuickView, and we're delighted to announce the official 2023 release of both products!
How to download
Your software is available for download via our new Customer Portal, which we are delighted to introduce along side the new release of NumberCruncher and QuickView. Please see the 'Customer Portal' section below for more details.
Release Notes | Summary
A full, downloadable version of our release notes is available at the bottom of this page. Here's an outline of the content:
- Strategic Alliance with Larry Katzenstein, Author of Tiger Tables
- NumberCruncher and QuickView 2022 vs. 2023
- New IRS Mortality Table 2010CM
- Software License Agreement (annual use)
- Federal Estate Tax Exclusion (2022 and 2023)
- Automatic Updates to Federal Estate Tax and Annual Gift Exclusions (New)
- Sunset and Clawback (2026 and later)
- Other Year-Specific Changes
- Cloud Version: “NumberCruncher Reimagined”
- Year-Round Tech Support
- Help Screens
- May 2022 Proposed Regulations (Larry Katzenstein articles and IRS submission)
- Life Expectancy Charts (1980 – 2010)
- Estate Tax Module – Summary and Extended Summary Views
- State Estate Tax
- NumberCruncher Modules: Name Changes
- NumberCruncher firms (3,500) throughout the United States and abroad (Tableau Map)
- Gain Harvesting Calculator (example of “NumberCruncher Reimagined” – cloud version)
- Anti-Clawback Eligibility (Illustration of Decision-Tree Analysis)
- Publication 904 (2022): Estate & Gift Tax Interrelated Calculations
Release Notes | Complete
Download as PDF
Release Notes | Clawback Illustration 1
Release Notes | Clawback Illustration 2
At last we have a customer portal where you can manage your account!
Download your software NOW via the Customer Portal
We are delighted to introduce a brand new Customer Portal this year. Moving forward, this is the primary way you will manage your account and download your software. Here's a highlight of features:
- Downloads: The latest version of your software is always available for downloading at your convenience.
- Account Contacts & Billing Info: You can manage your account information and list of relevant contacts and end users at your firm.
- Invoices & Quotes: All current and prior invoices and quotes are available to view, download, and pay/accept as applicable.
Get started now!
To get started... click on the 'Portal' link in the menu above, or click here:
Bob LeClair's monthly DataNet Newsletter
You can now access DataNet from the Customer Portal. All issues from January of 2022 through the most current are easily accessible from the portal.
Again, we truly value your business and your loyalty. Please take a moment to forward this announcement to all NumberCruncher and QuickView users at your firm.
We welcome all feedback! Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leimberg, LeClair & Lackner, Inc.
Please visit our website: leimberg.com